Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Unforgettable...

Today i went to get my room in residence, and I was roomed with a girl from Mongolia on the third floor. After I got my keys I went to check out this room and roommate -who apparently doesn’t speak English- .. And what a surprise when I got there.. OMG I think I almost instantly died when I met my roommate, she was SOO scary, she looked so mean! all I could think of was “am I going to die before the year ends?” She was twice my size -at least twice, I’m serious.. And I am not thin, so imagine this…- she had dark skin (I really though Mongolian people were either Russian looking or Chineseish looking, these were DEF not my expectations when I encounter someone who looks from a Caribbean country… just, mean looking) and I was so scared, my heart was beating so fast (and I though this only happened in movies).. Anyways I presented myself and I told her I was her new roommate, then she told me that someone else was living where I was supposed to live and that they will move asap… I told her that I was moving tomorrow morning and then I left.. When I closed the door, I didn’t know what to do.. All I knew is that I needed to MOVE FROM THAT ROOM.. So as I was walking downstairs trying to not only think of smth to say, but also how to say it in Chinese -not easy-.. So I went to the reception and I said if they could move me to another room, they asked me why, and I couldn’t really say “oh you roomed me with my biggest nightmare”.. so I just said that this girl spoke perfect English -which she did- and that I wanted someone that didn’t speak any English… Then they told me they didn’t have any other free rooms… but I know that Chinese people always say ‘no’ and it doesn’t necessarily mean ‘no’, is just that they are so lazy do their job.. So I insisted that they help and look, and that I really was not going to improve my Chinese this way.. So then they finally looked and I got another room on the sixth floor -no rooms eh?- so then I went to that room to meet my future roommate but she was not there, I think she is Korean, but I am not sure. The room had a much better atmosphere, and it was cleaner, so I hope she is nice… I think by this time my heart was still beating 100x/sec from my ‘almost’ roommate… God probably had a good laugh about this with all the angels.. Oh my.. So then I though I should tell this other girl on the third floor that I am not really moving to that room after all… so I went back downstairs, and knocked on the door, and she said “who is it?” so I didn’t really want to say my name, and I responded “oh! Is me!”, she replied “who?”, and I was like damn what do I say?.. So I just said “the girl that was just here”, and she said “why don’t you open the door yourself?”, so I explained, and she DIDN’T EVEN OPEN THE DOOR, in other words, we had a conversation with the door closed. I just told her that I got moved to another room, and I didn’t know why -I mean what else do I say?- and that was encounter with Caribbean Hulk… so then I went to class. Anyways, tomorrow morning I should move into residence, and I cross my fingers and hope this girl is nice. I think it may be a little challenging (maybe..) to move into the double room residence because I have been living alone for two months in a much bigger place where I can do as I wish. On the other hand, it will be a great experience, I will save lots of money, and perhaps if she is Korean I may learn some Korean, like a couple of words? Haha..

Ps: i really need to get a hair dryer! I can't stand looking so bad everyday...

1 comment:

MichL said...

Paola OMG I actually laughed out loud twice! You're worst nightmare eh bahah aww...oh my goodness you're so funny. By your description of her I would be scared too and wow how rude that she didnt even open the door, what a bitch. I would have said something to her. Im glad you got moved though, now you dont have to worry about her putting a spear through you when you're sleeping lol.