Tuesday, October 14, 2008

ok, i am going to write before is midnight and so that i also have no other reason to procrastinate...
I had chinese class this morning, but i sortaaaa slept in, i also had organizational behavour, which reminds me of a question the professor asked: "would you want your children to follow their footsteps? (work wise)" I just though i would write what i think... In my opinion, I have a different philosophy of ‘happiness’ than other people-specially chinese- I mean, it would be great if my children follow my footsteps, I would support them. However I think that they should follow their dreams and desires, which is what will make them feel happy in the future, I can't impose their future. If they want to be a kindergarten teacher, or a doctor, I will support them either way, no matter what. Well... unless they are bums, and dont want to do anything, just sit ans sleep and eat.. perhaps then i will have a problem.

you want to know something interesting/funny?? I have two friends from Taiwan ( I think I have talked about them before), they are in my ‘organizational behaviour in Chinese context’ class. A couple of weeks ago we had to separate into groups, and they are in a group together with other people. Each group had to find a group name, their name was smth like CanadaChinaTaiwan group, and you know what the professor said? She said they had to change their name because it was too long… well she said that.. But the real reason is because Chinese are very/overly annoying with the whole Taiwan china issue, and she just wanted the group to have a different name because mainland Chinese believe that Taiwan is part of china. To be honest I think this is so ridiculous, there is really no need for that… haha… is kind of funny actually… sometimes even professors act childish in a way...

This reminds me of when professors talk about the whole difference of western and Chinese culture, for example collectivism vs. individualism, they always tend to make it sound like the western countries are ‘bad’ lol.. I don’t know, that may just be my perception, but it just seems like it in all my classes!! haha

Today someone came to see my apt, it was actually a girl from south africa, so she spoke english. She seemed very interested in my place, i hope she rents it. The thing is, today they were going to see other places, so i hope there wasn't anotherone that she liked better. oh god, help!! ahh... oh well, things happen for a reason??..

ok, i have to go and finish some school work. i have a whole pile.
tataa!

1 comment:

Lars said...

oh, I didn't know that name thing... jaja... always these issues here. Good luck with your apartment!