Tuesday, October 14, 2008

its late, but lets procrastinate from bed a little more...

Today i had the two group meetings, the marketing one went well... It stated to go well when I said (in a very serious way) "ok, I’m sorry, but you have to speak in ENGLISH because i don’t know what you are saying and this is very frustrating since it is supposed to be a GROUP assignment".. i didn’t say that verbatim, but it was pretty much something very close to that...

At night I had my ecommerce group meeting and it went better than expected, both guys were really nice and we planned how to do the assignment, which I though it was going to be harder (as I mentioned yesterday).

My friend River -that’s his English name… and yes I know what you are thinking… I though the same- is helping me look for someone to stay at my apt, apparently someone called him today regarding an advertisement he put on Chinese on the web, and this person will come to see my apt tomorrow morning (well today), please cross your fingers and pray this person likes it and decides to move in here… I really want the deposit money back!!! I don’t want to lose it! I need it, I’m a student!

I forgot to mention that last weekend 2 of my friends and I were on a cab to a pub, and my friends were talking to the bad driver (their Chinese is good!).. As I was trying my best to understand this is what happened:
The bad driver thought “is better to have boys as children than girls”
And my friends thought “both are just as good”
Anyways so they had a debate the whole way on the cab. It was kinda funny actually just sitting and hearing this.. Haha… you can see that there are still some ‘traditional’ Beijingers. Haha

I realized something this week. All my friends are at least 5 yrs older than me. The ones on the language side (well the closer ones) are bout 24/25, the ones on my business classes are about 24/25 as well (that is foreigners) and then the Chinese in my business classes who I am friends with are like 27/30/24 lol… I feel young… then sometimes I wonder if im more mature than some of these Chinese ppl.. Hmm… but I don’t mind to feel younger, they are all nice and it doesn’t seem they were that much older, that is thinking wise and fun wise… hehe….
Anyways that’s just a minor update, I should go to bed since I have class in 6/½ hrs..

*yawn*

xoxo

Ps: i will post some photos of my current apt this week sometime.. remind me if i forget!

No comments: