Saturday, November 1, 2008

Our trip to 怀柔莲花池 (HuaiRou LianHuaChi) - The Great Wall

ok, so i haven’t said anything since last Monday, sorry about that, I just have had a rough week… I went to the hairdresser beginning of this past week -yes I dared- I needed a haircut really bad… I got my hair straighten :D finally after like 5 months, I now look a little more decent.. I also decided I should stop wearing those baggy clothes that I barely wear back home, unless I’m chilaxing.. ok, maybe I wear them once in a while, but I have to start looking more decent hehe… I also had quite a couple of encounters with Chinese men flirting(?) with me.. lol? This never happens that often back home haha… even my hair dresser was flirting with me… I don't know why haha, maybe they were bored..
This weekend I went to the great wall with some friends –including like 27chinese! Haha minority or what?- Yes finally I got to go! I was so excited… it was very nice, the trees and the beautiful weather made it look even prettier, I’m not sure which part we went to, but it was on the outskirts of Beijing [exact location: 怀柔 (HuaiRou) district, 莲花池 (lianhuachi) village]. Its not touristy at all, and so the Great Wall is actually in a really bad shape, barely any walkthroughs, but I mean, they were built like 2000 yrs ago?…. hmm maybe in Jesus’ time? Hehe.. but i like that we went to a place where there has not been any renovations made, in other words, a part of the REAL Great wall... I really enjoyed it! And I stole a stone from the great wall !what! !what!.. the ‘hotel’ where we stayed was called 山里人家 (Shanlirenjia), it was really close, maybe a 5 min walk to the great wall.. well plus the time consumed climbing the mountain (the mountain is very steep, uneven and lots of stones and rocks everywhere, so is challenging, specially when you carry a purse that weights 10 punds lol… I didn't know ok?.. I though they meant climbing as in ‘walking on the great wall’ I didn't think it was literally… but a guy helped me carry it once in a while, he was very nice! :) and that helped a lot, then I was able to use my hands :D… at night we played truth or dare.. yes we did, I missed that game, its actually fun… I haven’t played it for like 5 years.. well I did played it like2 yrs ago, but what happens in Edmonton stays in Edmonton.. lol…
I was really happy to finally see stars at night, I love them so much, they are so romantic and so calming :).. I missed them! ! ! ! ! ! I think I was looking at them for like about 20 minutes :).
I came back from dinner like 45 min ago, I bumped into my friend Cinderella –yes a Chinese girl..- and we had dinner together with these other Chinese people, some which I met on the Great wall trip. I had Chinese hot soymilk –don't recommend it- and tried some fresh tomatoes with sugar? Haha, I was really impressed when I tasted it and it wasn't salty as I would anticipate haha… oh ya, the soymilk was really really hot, so this Chinese guy said to me “this soymilk is so hot, like you” I was thinking.. ahmm?? What do I reply to this ‘shameful pickup line?’.. so I just pretended he said my soymilk is very warm too, because nothing came to mind to answer haha.. then I changed subject lol… men…
Anyways after that trip my muscles on the top part of my legs hurts :( (where the femur is..) and I realized that I need to be active, so I will go and search for some dance courses, I need to get back into my dancing routine :)…
Me and the 2000yr oldie..

This will be the only foreigners in the whole trip
(Sam, Me and Lars)

I forgot to mention that since the gov't wants to control the traffic in Beijing -because there are wayy to many cars- a new law was passed and depending on your car's license plate you can't drive one day of the week. So since we had that problem, we put these stickers on the license plates to avoid problems.. it says 'just married' and only on these occasions is ok to drive your car hehe.. we have very clever Chinese friends ;)

These were our rides for the road trip, 6 cars, lots of asians and a great time!

Ps: FELIZ CUMPLEANOS MAMI! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! 生日快乐妈妈!! (eventhough she doesnt read this i wanted to say it!)
Ps2: Apparently is not true that the great wall can be seen from outer-space.. i have been lied all these years!!...

No comments: