Monday, October 6, 2008

right now i seat at a“网吧” which literally translates to "internet bar".... why?? well before i left for my trip last week smth happened to my comp, so there was really no other way to fix it than to insert the 'recovery' disk..and so i did ... and what happened you ask? well i lost all my information, photos, documents, etc.. the comp reset itself completly :( oh well there really was nothing i could do, and now i have no internet because i need to install smth which i have no idea how to do.... and somehow i have to call my 'agent' so he helps me call the intenet company so they come fix it... though now i have a problem :\ "how do i communicate in chinese with him and explain?"... that should be interesting...

anyways other than that, my trip to ManZhouLi was great, i had lots of fun, even if it was freeeeeeezin cold, and the hotel was pretty crappy -not that it shouldnt be when i paid less than 10 dollars for the 2 nights, so less than 40 dollars for four of us-..... my trip home was better than i expected it to be. Although somehow we got home at 10pm instead of 8pm, so it was actually 33 hrs, instead of 31 hrs traveling... i am really proud of myself/friends to have made it on these train seats you can't even move back to 'lie down'... and although i want to say i wont do it again, i wont say it because i may have to...

Today i had marketing class at 8am, i was wondering the whole class.. thinking and clearly procrastinating... I decided i want to move into rez, i just need to find someone to take over my contract (sounds really easy, but is really not), i just need a more convinience environment, specially in the winter... i dont really want to bike 10 min in the winter, which i know will seem like 40.... I don't know how easy it will be, but hopefully with the help of some chinese friends i can somehow do this. Plus, if i go into rez i will be savin loads of money!... hehe

anyways i really have to make good use of time, and do some reasearch for my marketing group assignment.

I hope i dont bore anyone with my writting! xoxo and have a good monday!

2 comments:

Lars said...

...30 hours that's crazy... you must really have been far away.
And, what is wrong with your computer all the time - bad luck.
What is rez?

MichL said...

Paolo thanks so much for blogging, everything sounds so interesting! I can't believe the train conditions you had to endure, and omg for that many hours I would have gone nuts. Kudos to you for your patience. It's funny how the people respond to you foreigners, but not so funny when they bring up the drug thing, although I actually laughed when you said that bit about the colombians (sp?)selling the drugs to them lol ^^. I hope that you get into to rez and that you're computer/internet issues get resolved. I miss you and hope that you're healthy and well. xoxo