Monday, September 15, 2008

Happy Moon Festival!

Happy moon festival! today i had moon cake for the 1st time in my life.. and to be honest, it wasnt very good.... :P.... yucky...
Today i went with two Chinese and two Taiwanese friends for dinner at a Brazilian Buffet. We had BBQ meat and other yummy stuff... it feels like heaven after this Chinese food... no offense to Chinese, but i miss my mommy's food...
It was pretty fun going to this restaurant, its impressive how much i keep learning about the cultural differences every time i go out with Chinese people. It makes me look at the world in a different way... and sometimes makes me think of how fortunate i am in this world, and how i shouldn't complain so much about things...

(this is the restaurant/buffet we went to)

As most people know, i love making new friends... and yes i have made lots of friends here in Beijing. Friends from USA, Ireland, England, Germany, Stonia, Japan, Taiwan, China (of course), Spain, etc... they are all great people i really like them :).. I just.. i donno.. i feel kinda lonely in a way, everyone seems to have their own groups (specially because they are all in rez), and its a little frustrating for example when i want to go or do something (tourist place) and they already have gone and not interested...and i dont really want to go alone to ex./ the forbidden city.... I kinda feel a little left out sometimes, as i said people already have their little group of friends and do things among eachother.. and then there is me.. who is basically alone... its a little frustrating and makes me feel like i have no friends, this is by far the thing i miss the most... The thing that probably hits me the most.. in canada everyone had me in mind for a plan, and here is like... i dono.. different... i think i just need more time, i mean, its only september!!!

Anyways changing the conversation... saturday morning i lost my cellphone. I took a cab from school to my house (i was really tired), i got of the cab and u know what i fogot... so with all this frustration all i can think of doing is going to the store on the 1st floor (i know the ppl that work there, they are very nice) and ask them if i can borrow their phone to call my cellphone, in the hope that the taxi driver picks up.. now.. my chinese is really bad.. and how am i supposed to ask this???.... so after 10 minutes of explaining with my crappy chinese i am able to borrow their phone. We call my phone like 3 times and they dont answer (by this time i'm getting so frustrated and losing hope on this cab driver) the 4th time the operator says that the phone has been turned off... and thats how i realize my phone has been stolen by a cab driver.... bastard!! it was a nice nokia!!! ... So now i have to buy a new cellphone.... and although is cheaper than in Canada i don't have the money right now... I mean, is either i buy a crapy cellphone or i eat these next couple of weeks. So i choose eating, and when i get more money i will get a super sick phone (i like to dream...)......

1 comment:

diego-gutierrez- said...

I gotta be honest I'm completely hooked to your stories and your blog. Someday I'll do the same trip. I'd kill to experience and understand life in the non-western world.

And I sympathize with you when you talk about the way you feel. I have also been in the same situation a few times.

Hey keep us updated on your adventures, and write as much as you cam. It's great to hear from you.

-Diego G.